PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Here

Wahooo03
03-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone. I moved out here to Davis from Virginia last fall for grad school and had my first lesson this morning from Jeff. What can I say I'm sold :D.....I'm slowly working my way through the wealth of knowledge on this site. But I look forward to getting out on the water and meeting some of you guys soon. Any advice is always appreciated :)

Matt

Matt Frey
03-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Welcome aboard!

rrivera
03-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Welcome aboard..!! Best of luck in grad school..!! If you need some time on the water, give any of us here a pm... These members on this board are real generous and will answer all your questions if possible... Post away Wahooo3... Again Welcome...

Terry Thomas
03-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Welcome. You started with one of the best in J.P. See you on the river.
Terry

slipjoint
03-04-2007, 08:16 PM
welcome - i'm also new here - good bunch of guy's - plenty of help when you need it - i have been a fly fisherman for the last 15 years - but it's been all Bass - so this is also a new world for me - tom

sculpin
03-04-2007, 08:28 PM
It's nice to have you here Matt.

Mark

Hairstacker
03-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Welcome aboard Matt!

SteelieD
03-04-2007, 10:40 PM
You've come to the right place! Welcome.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-04-2007, 11:45 PM
As the weather warms up we will have to have some casual fish-outs on the river for Halfpounders and some bass outings too.

Welcome "Wahoo"

Wahooo03
03-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. I'm going to run into the shop next week to buy my gear and then head out to Putah Creek to work on my casting. John Salido, here at UCD, has been great in pushing me to get started. Lot's of great people here!

Matt

Ed Wahl
03-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Hi Matt! Welcome. I think you'll like it out here. Things are a little slow right now, but in a month or two you'll have a hard time deciding what to fish for. I've got a friend in D.C. who's hate'in life right now, if you have any spots I could pass on, for when it gets warmer, shoot me a pm would ya. I can trade you comparable spots out here. On the P.M. of course. If your going to hit Putah, make sure to freeze your waders and boots afterward, got a nasty infestation of New Zealand Mud Snails in there and I'd hate to see them transported because of ignorance. Coming from the East, you're going to have to go after cutts and goldens before you go home. Trust me, life is just not complete without seeing these fish and the environs in which they live. If your still out here in mid to late summer get in touch with me, I love showing off our High Sierras to Easterners. And to Westerners, for that matter. ED

JT
03-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Wahooo03,
I'm at UCD as well. We'll have to hook up some time on Putah Creek. I live in Dixon, so it's pretty close. Between school and work I don't have much time to travel, so I fish Putah quite a bit.
JT

Wahooo03
03-07-2007, 05:38 PM
ED-

DC's really gotten roughed up this winter. The city sits on that snow/sleet line which tends to be unpredictable. I'll drop you a PM with some ideas for your friend.

JT-

Glad to hear from someone at Davis! It would be great to meet up at Putah sometime, especially since I have no idea where the good spots are. Let me know when you plan on heading out.

MEC