PDA

View Full Version : Fishing the spawn .... ??

David Lee
03-03-2007, 06:45 AM
Here's an interesting take on fishing for Bass while they're nesting .

http://www.westernbass.com/dotcom/library/view.html?id=2795

David :)

David Lee
03-11-2007, 01:54 AM
Hmmmmm ......... :?

No opinions ?? Anyone ????

I personally don't fish for nesting Bass . I doubt that catching the odd fish off a nest does much damage ...... but all the same - I'm not too keen on answering the doorbell while , uhhh ...... gettin' BUSY with it .

Uh , huh .

David :D

lee s.
03-11-2007, 02:12 PM
As long as they are where I cannot see my fly, they are safe. If I can see my fly OR them, I care not their present activity.
Don't you remember the added anticipation while having to accomplish some other "necessary" project before the coveted activity? Help them poor little critters out, for gosh sakes. :lol:
....lee s.

slipjoint
03-11-2007, 07:32 PM
i fish for them year around - some times of the year is much better than others

one thing i don't do anymore - when i was a kid we would catfish - we would catch carp while fishing with worms for catfish - lots of them - in those days you took a knife & cut the carp open and toss them either back in the bypass or up on the bank for the birds to eat -

time changes the way people think - at this same period of time you could only see Elvis from the waist up on TV - and big brother tried to ban the Beattles - catch & release - are you crazy - you took them home an ate them - after all thats what you were fishing for - we live in an ever changing world - just think - maybe in 20 years SF / Oakland will be under water - you guys will have more places to fish

lee s.
03-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Yahoooo! More places to fish!!!! 8) =D> \:D/
Just had a discussion on how the last global warming was grand for us fisherpersons. Can you imagine trying to cut a hole in the glaciers that gave us Dry Falls in Wa. or Yosemite in Calif.? C'mon global warming! [-o< We need some NEW places to fish. =D> \:D/ :wink:
.....lee s.

Hairstacker
03-12-2007, 12:40 AM
I don't fish for nesting bass either.