PDA

View Full Version : Thanks , Bill .....

David Lee
02-28-2007, 01:22 AM
..... For having the last bastion of free thought/good manners on the net .

I know you probably don't think about it much , but you've a good group of people here . I think we're pretty lucky to have this place .

Thanks again -

David :)

SteelieD
02-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Amen David! Sometimes we take things for granted, this is one that shouldn't be. Thank you Bill. And thank you all who participate in the manner that you do.

Derek

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-28-2007, 11:12 AM
We have to thank people like Bill Gates and others who built the PC.

Then to those people who developed the Internet.

We also have to thank Alan Barnard who built our original web site.

Then Gregg Machel remodeled it to this state.

Then I think Eugene Graham put up the original message board on.

Then Gregg Machel found and installed our latest version of message board software here.

Then we have to thank everyone who comes here "religiously" and participates.

I consider Darian to be the "God Father" for his vigilant contribution.

David Lee is our resident "Commando fly fisher"

Hair Stacker is our "gentleman fly fishier"

Geller (OR salmon) is head of "entertainment".

I think we try to run this like we run the fly shop. We welcome all who have manners and care about others.

Egos, like guns, are left at the door.

I think we have a place that woman and youngsters could surf comfortably.

I am infatuated with people who have manners and are considerate and helpful to others. Besides nature, this is what makes life worth living.

I know once and a while we get our "blood pressure" up here on certain issues but we control it pretty well.

This is an amazing place to come and is a giant group effort.

"Thanks to all who participate".

k.hanley
02-28-2007, 11:28 AM
It's simply the best run forum I know of. Thanks a million Bill and crew, board members and whacky minds. Great service and excellent community.
3 cheers!
Ken

BenFishin
02-28-2007, 02:36 PM
I agree, top notch forum.

Bill's earned his respect and it shows when you go to his house (forum)

Ben Fishin

Bluegrass Bill
02-28-2007, 09:19 PM
Hey David, Bill and all,

I couldn't agree more :) . Folks I have met here are really friendly and I really enjoy logging in to see what is going on and contributing when I can. I need to find some time to get out and fish more so I can contribute more :( . Thanks again Bill and all the board members.

Bill

mems
02-28-2007, 10:03 PM
Mahalo nui loa, this is a great site. Thank you to all the friends and clients I have met from this site. I am grateful you all let me share my Hawaiian fishing adventures, Mems.

jbird
02-28-2007, 10:24 PM
Bill.

I echo everything posted before me. This site is the best! If ever their needed to be any financial donation to help you keep things afloat here. I'd be glad to do my part :)

Jay

Darian
02-28-2007, 10:38 PM
Da Godfodda says,.... I din't relize I hadda say so much..... :shock: :shock: :roll:

Thanks for many years in the shop and here Bill. :D :D :D

Matt Frey
02-28-2007, 10:44 PM
I couln't agree more. Lots of friendly folks with great stories and knowledge. This is the best site hands down. Thank you very much Bill.

Alastair
03-01-2007, 12:03 AM
I totally agree. I check in here on a regular basis and I always find useful information, whether I ask for it or just from reading the other posts. There's a great group of guys here, one of the better things about the fly fishing world. Thanks Bill! I will make it by your store sometime this summer and introduce myself.

bonneville54
03-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Bill.

... If ever their needed to be any financial donation to help you keep things afloat here. I'd be glad to do my part :)

Jay

That's easy.....Shop at Kiene's!

Quite seriously, this site echo's the store. Kind, helpful, respectful. I'm a lousy fisherman, plenty of passion but far less time - yet my questions, idea's and thoughts are always met with kindness and enthusiasm.

Keep up the good work.

Hairstacker
03-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Just wanted to add my big thank you to Bill for this site. It's the only one that's made me feel comfortable enough, by far, to post as much as I have. Truly appreciate the friendliness of the folks here and the friends I have made. Thank you to all.

dtp916
03-16-2007, 01:22 AM
Mahalo nui loa from me too, Bill. This is by far the best forum I know of. The members here do a great job at helping each other out and providing civil discussions. This was the very first message board I joined, and after participating in a few others, they don't come close to Kiene's! Keep up the good work! 8) 8) 8)

Me ke aloha pau oli e hui ho.
Kind regards until we meet again

dberry
03-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Hey guys, don't forget to thank Marilyn too! She is significant part of this picture and shares Bill's flyfishing domain.

OregonSalmon
03-17-2007, 09:21 AM
Dberry, you are right about the wonderful Marylin. Best woman in the world. Literally could not live without her for she signs my checks!!!