PDA

View Full Version : Free Delta fly fishing event @ Sugar Barge Marina

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Save this date - Sunday, April 15th, 2007!

This is the date of the free fly fishing the delta seminar and BBQ sponsored by David Riggs, owner of the Sugar Barge RV Resort and Marina on Bethel Island. We did this last year and it was a great day with about 35 people showing up for delta fly fishing information, slide show, fly tying, tackle and rigging - the works - plus a great rib and chicken BBQ.

This year it won't just be me there giving advice. We've invited some top guns to join the event and to share their knowledge as well. The list is pretty impressive:

1. Captain Kevin Doran
2. Captain Doug Lovell
3. Frank Bertaina
4. Bill Nash
5. Jay Remley

There is more than one right way to fish the delta and each of these great delta fly fishers will share their approach and style of fishing with you. Doug Lovell will also bring you up to date with what's happening on the delta conservation front. Captain KD will tell you all you need to know about fly fishing for delta large mouth bass -and stripers too. Bill Nash will offer his vast knowledge on knots and rigging and I'm sure he'll have some copies of his great knots and rigging book on hand for sale. Frank, Jay and me will offer our perspectives on how to fly fish the delta. You may come away with a severe case of information overload. I'll be showing my new, updated slide show on the delta and I'll be tying some of my delta favorites, as will others.

Of course the Sugar Barge wants to show you what this great RV park and marina has to offer and they'll be showing you their wares as well.

The event will start at 11:00 a.m. and run as long as folks are interested. The BBQ feed will begin around 1:00 p.m. and it's a goodie so bring your appetite.

OK, I and the Sugar Barge folks need to know how many will be attending so please post an RSVP to this post letting us know if you're coming.

We're looking forward to seeing you for a fun day talking fly fishing the delta for striped bass, largemouth bass and others.

See you there on April 15th.

Dan Blanton

danblanton@danblanton.com

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-05-2007, 08:29 AM
I would like to make this event if I can.

It's free and I think it would be a good time and educational.

I think it will be on warm water species/LMB and Stripers.