PDA

View Full Version : Kings River Fresno Area?

El Cid
02-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Hey what up guys!

I am moving to Fresno this summer for a gig I have going on out there and I am a bit bummed out cause I won't be able to fight it out again with stripers this summer on the American :roll: but I have heard that the KINGS River is great for trout any one been there or have info about it or know of any one that may have more information about it?
Thanks
Cid

fisher_for_life
02-24-2007, 04:41 PM
look at www.kernriverflyfishing.com

Darian
02-25-2007, 12:43 AM
Hmmmm,.... Jay Murakoshi lives in Fresno. He may have some info. Try:

www.fliesunlimited.com

Jgoding
02-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Fished it once a few years back in between trying to hunt for wild boar. I can't remember what camp ground we were at but it was up a ways in the trophy section or wild fish restoration area. Lots of trout and even some bass in the area. If you hike around look for back water creeks and you can get into bass and trout but the main river had a lot of fish as well. Caught the trout swinging through riffles next to the bank and had lots of bass follow when fishing big holes/runs. It was a nice area but lots of rafters come through and it is known to not be friendly to anglers who fall in...

Jeff

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-27-2007, 10:52 AM
http://herbbauersportinggoods.com/

Herb Bauer Sporting Goods in Fresno is a good place for supplies and help.

I guess Jay Murakoshi and Ed Schroeder (retired Rep and commando fly fisher) live down that way?

Back in the 1960s and 1970s the lower King's River was smoking hot with big caddis hatches and hot wild Rainbows. Something happened to it? so it is not that good now.