PDA

View Full Version : Spring in Nor Cal

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-21-2007, 11:52 PM
March is a good month for some of our Valley rivers for resident trout and Spring Run Steelhead/Halfpounders if we don't have any big storms. Caddis start to hatch in the riffles in the afternoons.

With a week of warm weather in March many shallow ponds will turn on for warm water species (bass & panfish).

Low elevation trout lakes can be good in March too. Fish hang around tributary mouths.

Stripers can turn on in the Delta in March plus in the lower American river and lower Feather river.

March is the turn around month from winter to spring. It can be flip flopping too.

OregonSalmon
02-22-2007, 06:43 PM
Ah geez Kiene!!! Ya ginnin' up the boys again? The end is near my man and no amount of fly fishing will create a mellow transition into the great beyond. An asteroid is headed right to our eyebrows in 29 years which will make us the next source of petroleum in a couple of million years. Sure the odds of the rock hitting our rock is 1 in 43,000, very slim, but I don't like the thought of some critter evolving out of the ooze putting me and my pals in its gas tank.

I'm not thinking of this March but the March of 2000 somthin' when large rocks from the sky do not cooperate with the human race. Being a hetrosexual, I'd rather have it raining men, which oddly enough is my favorite song. In the meantime, I guess we can fish and hope for the best.

Once again Kiene you are correct: just go feeshin'. "Fowwgeet aboout it!!!

-"I think we need a bigger boat"....Roy Shcrieder in Jaws

fisher_for_life
02-22-2007, 09:12 PM
oregon salmon can i call you dark cloud?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-22-2007, 10:35 PM
Hay Gella'

Find a buyer for my shop and I'll come up and move in with ya.

Bill King is headed up your way to fish with Ziggy. They are working on some secret fly fishing weapons or something like that.

In 29 years you will be about 70 and I'll be around 90 or worm bait?

I think that a big asteroid would be cool about then. Bring it on...........

OregonSalmon
02-23-2007, 12:37 AM
Fisher-for-Life,
You bet you can call me dark cloud since one is hailing on me right now!!! We are almost past winter on the North Oregon Coast but that winter bitch keeps on kicking our asses. Spring around the corner I say with a huge grin!!!

Kiene,
If I don't see your cute butt with the wife in the fall I will begin to cut the heads off parking meters like Paul Newman in "Cool Hand Luke". All you southern boys ought to make it up here in the fall: salmon, clamming, mushroom hunting, crabbing....hell, you can even tip over an elk that did nothing to you!!! There is a two month window of life here that is so wonderful I cannot explain all the options. It is so good, even the chicks' asses look smaller. You wake up, look out the window with a love of the Earth, then decide what critter is in deep trouble today. I have fallen in love with Fall.

Billybob....north...late summer to fall...north....I-5....north....just have that mantra to survive. By this fall, I will have one clam joke that people won't desire to strike me with a baseball bat in its delivery. My clam jokes are recieved poorly by not even only the locals but my mother. She does not like them either. So get your ass up here to hear some incredibly bad jokes. Everything else is worth the drive.

-"God loves ya.....deal with it"....-Steve Earl-