PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Truck and Scadden Pontoons

emerger
02-19-2007, 03:57 PM
My truck was stolen this Sunday morning from outside a motel near Junction City. It was a blue/grey toyota pickup with a topper. Unfortunately inside the truck were 2 Dave Scadden Skykomish Sunrise pontoons. The pontoons were both blue with an orange frame. Please keep your eye out for either the truck or the pontoons. I'm guessing they will try to sell the pontoons somewhere. I'm also guessing that the pickup is on it's axels by now stripped somewhere in the hills near Hyapaum/Junction City, etc. If anyone has any information, please contact Adam at 510.326.7572
Thanks,
Adam

bigtj
02-19-2007, 07:13 PM
That sucks big time. I am always paranoid when I'm fishing that I'm going to get hit. I had my truck stolen a couple years ago, it was a real nice 1970 f250, had been in the family for 35 years. It is the worst feeling to show up and find a vehicle like that gone!! Anyway they stole it, stripped the shell and a few other things, then dumped it. By the time the police found out the tow yard had it two months later, they wanted twice as much as the truck was worth for holding the truck for me! I just let them have the truck. Point is, be sure the cops have your current phone number and the vehicle VIN and ever week or so ask them to run the VIN on the local tow yards. I bet it will show up.

I have a transmission lock on my current rig it's really tough to defeat it locks the truck in "park" even if they hotwire the thing they can't get the shifter out. The lock is really tough, this is what they use in NYC to stop car theifs: http://www.suffolklock.com/transmission.html . Maybe worth trying on your rig. Not perfect but is a deterrent.

Paul B.
02-20-2007, 08:06 AM
Thank you TJ, I'll send an email. Hopefully they will have something for my soft top Jeep. Paul