PDA

View Full Version : A newbie and a test

kokaneejr
02-18-2007, 11:04 PM
Just joined and as a fly fisherman and a photographer (yeah my wife said I couldn't pick 2 more expensive hobbies) I thought I would post this photo of my place of work. It was 14 degrees that day far cry from 70 yesterday. Hope I figured it out.

Glad to be on "board".....Craig

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t100/kokaneejr/workfall2006016.jpg

Darian
02-18-2007, 11:13 PM
Welcome aboard Craig.... I sure like that photo. Peaceful and c-c-c-c-c-cold!!! 8) 8)

bolden
02-18-2007, 11:35 PM
Just joined and as a fly fisherman and a photographer (yeah my wife said I couldn't pick 2 more expensive hobbies)

Well at least you are not an 18 year old with those two hobbies. Not only am i into photography, but i am into the most expensive part, birds.

Nice picture by the way.

kokaneejr
02-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Thanks guys for the warm welcome. Yeah that birding photography is too expensive for me so far. I just take photos of birds that come close. Can't afford that 500mm f4 yet. :(
As for expensive hobbies I used to have a 75 gal saltwater reef tank. Talk about expensive. Now I concentrate on fishing and photography. I am sending another test just for size as that last one was a bit big. Here goes one I took with the cheapo work camera yesterday...Craig

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t100/kokaneejr/P1010005.jpg

Ed Wahl
02-19-2007, 11:08 AM
I've got a technical photography question for you. How's the fishing in that water? :D

SteelieD
02-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Welcome aboard Craig.

I love your photo's. Spent alot of time in Marin and Sonoma counties. Definately one of the most beautiful places around. Makes me want to visit!

Hairstacker
02-19-2007, 07:51 PM
Welcome Craig! Nice photos!

kokaneejr
02-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Thanks again,

Well yesterday I would have said Stafford was in winter mode but today I met a couple of anglers who said the prespawn bite is on. Stafford was drained about 10 years ago and stocked with Florida strain Largemouths and redear sunfish. Fishing was good last year with quite a few 8-10 pounders landed. We have a good crayfish population so that should be positive. On the not so positive end we have a ton of canadian geese and Novato is going to use a lot more water out of the lake this year. That said spring and early summer should be fantastic. I wll try and fish a little more this year and take some photos. Hard to fish and work at the same place plus I am trying to perfect surf flyfishing this year. I have a goal though, I want to collect feathers from around the lake and tie a fly and catch a fish. Well back to work tomorrow, Yeah I know tough place to work but someones got to do it.....Craig

Ed Wahl
02-20-2007, 12:38 AM
Florida strain Largemouth and Redear Sunfish make a very good team. If they start threatening the local populace let us know, I'm sure we can form a posse to help get the villians under control. :D Ed

Mr. Noodle Rod
02-20-2007, 11:24 PM
Hey Craig,

Great to see you on the board (& a belated welcome!). BTW, very nice photos. Hope the weather settles down this weekend for more fishin' at "you-know-where" :wink: :D

- Mark