PDA

View Full Version : Online Catalog?

Katz
02-12-2007, 03:10 PM
I was just wondering why Kiene's doen't sell things with an online catalog? Is it really hard to set up? This Message Board must be a lot of work in itself. I would think an online catalog wouldn't be too much harder?

Just wondering?

Katz

Darian
02-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Hey Katz,.... Trust me, there's nothing simple about the business of on-line sales conducted interstate.... :? :? :?

Katz
02-12-2007, 04:35 PM
I figured there must be something tough about it. The sales tax would be a nightmare I bet. It's a shame that running a business has to be so difficult. :x

Would be great to order stuff right off this site though.

Katz

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-12-2007, 07:56 PM
We a thinking about it.

You can call us on our toll free USA number 7 days a week and we can ship anywhere in the USA.

1-800-400-0359

Katz
02-12-2007, 09:25 PM
If you can already do that, then you must have to do all the out-of-state sales tax stuff now.

I just know that more and more shopping in my family is happening on the internet. And I'm sure there are many on this board that would like to keep as much of their business with you as possible.

Thanks.

Katz

Ed Wahl
02-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Katz, while what you say is true, if my wife could click and take care of shopping for me it would mean I wouldn't get the excuse to go hang out at the shop. :) There's more to shopping than buying things. I think Bill's found a winning combination in a very competitive business, and it wasn't done overnite, believe me, I was around for the early days. Monkeying around with a winning plan has to be done very carefully, if at all. Ed

Gregg Machel
02-16-2007, 10:55 AM
Like Bill said, there is some thought going into this at the moment. eCommerce is in the future for us here, but a lot of planning with what software to use, how to link it to the store system, what products to sell, and how to present them are going into this.

Our approach so far has been not to rush into anything and take it slow to make sure it's done right the first time.