PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Fly Fishing show

SteelieD
02-11-2007, 07:31 PM
Had a chance to spend a few hours with my daughter at the Fly Fishing show in Bellevue yesterday. Had a great time! Saw some killer new products (I really want a new Winston BIIt with a Hatch reel, very sweet!), and my daughter was thrilled to see all the cool pink gear. Also some good seminars, though I was dissapointed to miss Ken and Jay's presentation on California waters. The highlight though was getting a chance to chat with some really cool people including Jerry Siem from Sage, A.K. Best, the folks from Winston and our very own Ken Hanley! Ken, it was great to meet you and I appreciate the tips on the salt.

I tried to get a chance to say hello to Jay, but, the crowd around his table was consistant (those spun hair flies are amazing!!!) and I didn't get a chance to say hello before my daughter had had enough and decided it was time to go. Jay, sorry I missed you!

I continue to impressed by the quality of people in this sport, from fellow fisherman to those who are in it for a living. It so cool to consistantly meet great and helpful folks. Be sure to head out to the Pleasanton show. You won't be disappointed.

Tony Buzolich
02-11-2007, 10:52 PM
You know we all love Jay and Ken's shows whatever it may be and this year at the Pleasanton Show they are scheduled for 12:00 Friday to give their Baja program which I won't miss.

The trouble is that there is another Baja seminar at the same time put on by ? Reiser called Fishing the Sea of Cortez.

I'd like to see this program as well as I'm sure others would too who love to fish Baja.

Just a bit of poor planning on the scheduling.
TONY

Digger
02-12-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm looking forward to the Pasadena show in March.
Hope to meet Ken and Jay there.

k.hanley
02-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Steelie-me-bucko! Good to meet you as well. Your daughter was a real sweetie.....great to see her with you at the show.

Tony thanks as always for your support. We certainly appreciate it. You just have to clone yourself and see two seminars at once?????

Digger......we be coming down. See ya in Pasadena!
Cheers, Ken

Jay Murakoshi
02-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Just got home from Seattle. Damn, what a long day. Now it's time to wash clothes, go look for a new cell phone battery, read my emails, answer emails, pay bills, tie up a few more hair bugs and maybe, just maybe a little "Texas Hold'em".

The Seattle show was a great show. Good crowds, even though Sunday was a little thin (especially "California by the Seasons"). The Baja presentations was well attended. I'm in the process of trying to get a change for the Portland show. From California to Baja.....

I sold lot's of hairy crank baits, hard bait floaters and sea habits. I hope to have a big supply in Portland and Pleasanton.

Hey Tony, what do you mean you want to watch the other program, you'll miss the greatest bent rod ever seen.

I had a lot of exhibtors ask me about Pleasanton. "Do you think there will be a big crowd"... I think so. There will be exhibtor's there will materials to sell. One will have hackles, hackles, and hackles. I saw a box of Hoffman grizzly necks and saddles - 3's & 4's.

See ya in Pleasanton

Jay

Tony Buzolich
02-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Jay,

I'd never miss this show. Hope this is the teaser you're refering to. Quite a statement for a 10w Winston XTR pushed to the max.

TONY

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b320/buzolich/tonyfightingtunaemail.jpg

lee s.
02-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Reminds me.....I gotta buy batteries! :lol: