PDA

View Full Version : General Fishing SUCKED

Jay Murakoshi
02-06-2007, 12:44 AM
I went and fished a couple of the local lakes this morning (Eastman and Hensley). Only fished Eastman for a short time before a stiff breeze came up. It died down when I got back to the dock. Lot's of submerged rock piles and a few trees still underwater but couldn't hook into any bass.
Had a couple of grabs but no hook ups.
The first thing I was going to do was take a water temperature reading but as I was throwing out my thermometer, I forgot it was tied down.
Too late. I usually tie it down to my oar lock before tossing it over board. I actually swing it around a couple times them launch it. The water must be in the high 40's or low 50's. It really didn't seem that cold.

On the way home, I stopped at Hensley and fished for a couple hours. Not alot of structure but a few rock island. No cover to speak of. The banks are sand that go into the water, so it's pretty flat. No wind and only one hook up. I was using my llama hair cone head worm. Dragging it on the bottom.
The weather was warm and on my way home, I called the "wind lady" at the lake and the temperature was 71 degrees. The height of the Forebay was 222.30. So, I"m going to try it for a couple hours before this weeks storms roll in

I was testing out the hard body floating minnow. Worked great, zigged and zagged across the surface. Only one problem it took on too much water. Probelm solved: GE Silicon II now covers the body.

Will report tomorrow

Jay

slipjoint
02-06-2007, 09:47 AM
i know one thing Jay - we need some weather - the feather around here is one sand bar after another - the yuba is also very low - tom