PDA

View Full Version : Puglisi Flies

Bob Young
02-04-2007, 01:40 AM
Here below is my attempt at this style of pattern. I was somewhat taken aback when viewing this picture that they appear so ragged. They do seem to present a better profile when wet. Also, they have more material when compared with the commercial version of the bluegill pattern. The front ends are perhaps wider than they should be but I figured they are supposed to suggest sunfish, baby crappie, etc. Anyway, any commentary, suggestions etc. will be appreciated. Hope to give one of them a try This coming Monday in the east Delta.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u314/BobYoung_bucket/PuglisiFliesreduced.jpg

Hairstacker
02-04-2007, 02:30 AM
I think they look fantastic, great job!

Ed Wahl
02-04-2007, 07:05 AM
I think Mr. Stripey's gonna like those. Nice job. Ed

David Lee
02-04-2007, 10:01 AM
They ALL look fantastic !!

If you put some small spots on the third fly , top row , it'd be a perfect little Crappie . I really like the mini-flashtails you tyed in .....

R/E the form - trim the fly the way you see fit . After you get it to the basic shape you like , put the fly flat on top of your thigh , and comb it head to tail , repeat several times , re-trim .

That should get them where you want 'em .

Great flies !!

David :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-04-2007, 10:26 AM
Thanks Bob

You obviously have the gift..........

We really love those Puglisi flies, especially some of his floating models.

mike N
02-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Very nice!

MN

Bob Scheidt
02-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Jay Murakoshi told me about the Anvil taperizer scissors. You can make several cuts from about the front 1/3 to the back. It thins out the fly, more so toward the rear. I have not tried it personally.
I have seen Jay use it on the style of flies you pictured above. Great flies, very good and then some!!
Bob

Bob Young
02-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Thanks all for the commentary and suggestions. Bob