PDA

View Full Version : strange phenomena

jbird
02-01-2007, 04:55 PM
A lot of the links that people post on this board make my system freeze up. I can access the website, but when i try to close it, I get an error and have to shut down internet explorer. Has anyone else had that happen?

Jay

Matt Frey
02-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Sorry jbird. I havent had that problem. I use Internet Explorer 7 at work and Mozilla Firefox at home.

slipjoint
02-01-2007, 06:16 PM
A lot of the links that people post on this board make my system freeze up. I can access the website, but when i try to close it, I get an error and have to shut down internet explorer. Has anyone else had that happen?

Jay

no problem here :?:

Darian
02-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Hi Jay,.... I've experienced some of what you have when using Internet Explorer 6.0. My connection, then, was dial-up. 8) If you're satisfied that the configuration/security levels are OK, then check your provider. I found that the security running on the server at the provider was blocking some fishing websites that I wanted to access and inhibited access to others. The server, also, had a different time-out function. All it took was a telephone call to remedy the situation.... 8) 8)

Give your provider a call and explain the problem. They may be able to help or cure it. :) :)

jbird
02-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Thanks guys. Thought I'd check to see if it was a widespread problem. It must be an internal problem with my system. My computer and internet connection are top notch and High speed. I dont have the problem through any other avenues...only when clicking on some of the links that are imbeded in posts. Hmmm? No biggie :D

Jay

dtp916
02-02-2007, 02:02 AM
The only problem I have is my damn laptop won't stay on, due to some sort of internal problem at the power connection. Since the battery is completely burnt out, I run it on the power cord and if it moves 1/1000 of an inch it shuts off. Then it takes forever to get the right "fit" so it will turn on again. And I thought hp was better than this. :lol:

So damn annoying. :x :x :x

Digger
02-02-2007, 07:32 AM

never happens on my Mac. :lol:

I would try a couple things.
empty your cache, and delete all your cookies.
when was the last time you defragged your hard drive?

I don't use IE due to security vulnerability.
I prefer FireFox.

flyman
02-02-2007, 08:51 AM
I have the same problem, but not necessarily on fishing related sites. If you are using IE 6.xx this is a known issue and MS has a number of suggestions on how to fix it although none of them have worked for me. What has helped is periodic cleaning of my registry and flushing the IE cache and temp files.

bigtj
02-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Jay,

Sounds like spyware may be giving you a hard time. Try spybot search and destroy, and ad-aware. Both are free or close to free. Also the Mozilla Firefox browser is a much more secure browser. You won't be able to get some content on some web pages but you won't hardly ever get a pop-up or spyware. It's a free download and you may like the tabbed webpage feature better than IE's "window" method.

Best regards,

-John