PDA

View Full Version : Photo attachments

Bob Young
02-01-2007, 10:18 AM
I was inspired by earlier postings to try my hand at tying a few Puglisi style flies and would like commentary, suggestions, etc. on the results. Can't figure out how to attach a photo to the posting. Img??? Any instrution will be appreciated. Bob Y

SF fly fisher
02-01-2007, 10:45 AM
Bob,
You need to go to the General Fly Fishing Section and
then to:

Sticky: Posting Photos On Kiene Message Board - Instructions

It takes a little bit of work getting Photobucket, compressing
images to a usable size, uploading, and linking. After the first
time it can be accomplished rather quickly.

Hairstacker
02-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Hi Bob! It's really not that bad. Do you have a Photobucket account? Assuming you do, when you look below your photo on Photobucket you should see three rows that are labelled "URL Link," "HTML Tag," and "IMG Code," respectively. What you want to do is focus on the contents of that third one labelled, "IMG Code." Just click on it and post its contents into your message on this board. (The contents will simply be a weblink with "[IMG]" bracketed on each end.) That is really all there is to it.

If you don't have a Photobucket account, it is free and it's very easy to sign up for one.

Before you upload your photo to Photobucket, though, you'll want to reduce its size using software on your computer. Otherwise, the photo may end up so huge once it's posted here, that folks will have to scroll across the screen just to see it.

Anyway, as SF fly fisher noted, once you've done it, it becomes really quick and easy to post photos to the board. Good luck and please ask if you're still having trouble.

Bob Young
02-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks all. I will now begin a quest for Photobucket. Bob