PDA

View Full Version : Lion on the American !!

David Lee
01-31-2007, 12:00 AM
Heard on the news last night .....

A Lion (or perhaps several) has been sighted on the north bank of the American , between Hoffman and W.B. Pond .

Keep your eyes open , make lots of noise , and DON'T RUN if you stumble into that bugger !!

On the positive side ........ maybe he'll drift down to Paradise Beach and eat a crackhead/rowdy/pervert :!: :!: :!:

Shit ..... wonder where I can rent a Lion for spring :twisted: ????

David :p

Darian
01-31-2007, 12:05 AM
From what I heard on the news, it sounds like the lion has a kill in that area. DFG found a deer carcass. :? :? Not real familiar with lion behaviour but doesn;t it stand to reason that this lion will be protecting it's kill :?: :?: Discretion being the netter part of valor, think I would avoid that area all together until the lion is gone.... 8) 8) 8) Unless, of course, you don't mind becomng lion excrement.... :shock: :shock:

Moose
01-31-2007, 04:51 PM
I suppose it would be a good thing to be able to identify lion scat so you'd know if you were roaming in it's territory :?

Reminds me of the story about the Alaskan ranger giving this kind of info to a group of hikers. The ranger explains that the hikers wil be in bear territory and it's vital to be able to identify the difference between black bear scat and grizzly bear scat, you don't want to be caught in grizz territory! He warns them to wear a little bell on their packs that will constantly make noise so as to not startle a bear, and to please carry pepper spray.

He goes on to explain that black bears feed on vegetation and feild mice and their scat is easily identified by the berries and bits of fur in it. One of the hikers askes him what grizzly scat looks like, and he replies "Can't miss it. It has little bells in it and smells like pepper" :shock: :lol:

sculpin
01-31-2007, 05:47 PM
Hey Moose don't forget to also always make sure you can run faster than the person you are fishing with . :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-31-2007, 09:26 PM
I saw on the news this last week that a mountain lion attacked an older couple walking in a redwood park near Eureka.

The lion was trying to kill the man but his wife beat it off him after some time. He got badly injured.

One the news they said if one attacks you to fight for you life and not to lay down and play dead because thye want to eat you. Also don't go out in the woods alone.

WinterrunRon
01-31-2007, 10:01 PM
Can they be trained to target poachers?

Ed Wahl
01-31-2007, 10:17 PM
I'll tell ya my plan of action if attacked by a mountain lion. You guys that have cats living with you can verify that this works. Touch it's front paw, wait a sec, touch it again. Repeat this procedure for awhile and It'll get really annoyed and leave in disgust. It might sneak back to your truck and pee on your shoes though. :D

Hairstacker
01-31-2007, 11:36 PM
Uh Ed, I think it wouldn't hurt if you came up with a Plan B too. :lol:

WinterrunRon
01-31-2007, 11:39 PM
Good idea, Mike. Plan B.. bring a ball of string.

David Lee
02-01-2007, 12:18 AM
Yeah , yeah .... it's all funny 'till one of you Bastards gets EATEN by said Puma -

Listen closely ....

STEELHEAD SEASON IS CLOSED - DON'T BOTHER FISHING THE AMERICAN , YOU'LL ONLY DIE OUT THERE !!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES WHILE YOU STILL CAN !!!!!!

Really .... it's cute 'till you put an eye out :shock:

OUCH !
:roll:
David