PDA

View Full Version : question for Darian

Ed Wahl
01-27-2007, 04:40 PM
Darian, on your pig boats, how do you manage to get the body and rubber legs right up against the cone head? As you can see I have a thread head and then the cone. What kind of magic are you using? Ed http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/edfish333/IM001252.jpg

David Lee
01-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Hmmmm .....

I believe he's in cahoots with the DEVIL - :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Just a guess ......

David :P

jbird
01-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Ed

I think what youve got there is perfect!

Jay

Ed Wahl
01-27-2007, 07:28 PM
Yeah, I think there's some sort of sorcery involved here. I gotta pile of pig boats on my bench and still can't seem to stop. In my mind I can see them swimming through the water right above the weeds, rubber legs pulsating, rabbit tail weaving, the bass rising up out of cover like a..... Damn it, winters just gone on too long, I'm losing it. This would be funny if it didn't happen every year about this time. Ed

Darian
01-28-2007, 12:07 AM
Hey Ed,.... Your flies look great to me.... I've been pushing the beadhead forward to the eye (after building a thread hump under it). I glue it there with CA glue. The silicone skirt is cut in half and placed on the hook with the legs facing forward. The skirt is forced into the back of the bead head and tied as close as possible. Then I cut of the excess up to the point where it is tied in. The rest of the fly is pretty much a standard tie. 8) 8) One thing to remember is that the choice of the chenille is important. It should be quite thick and tied off as close the silicone hackle as possible to make the legs stand up as straight as possible. 8) 8)

Hope this wasn't too confusing. Questions willingly answered. :roll: 8)

Ed Wahl
01-28-2007, 08:10 AM
Thanks Darian, twas a mystery to me. Ed