PDA

View Full Version : A boating legend is passing.

sculpin
01-27-2007, 08:30 AM
Willie of Willie Boats is having a Wake today . You would have to know him to know he wouldn't want to miss a party.

http://www.mailtribune.com/archive/2007/0114/local/stories/willie-sun.htm

Darian
01-27-2007, 10:19 AM
Mark,.... What a great story!!!! Willie's quite a character. Did you ever meet him :?: :?:

David Lee
01-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Some people cruse thru life .... others (few , actually) LIVE it .

Safe trip , Willie - I'll be hoistin' one to ya later tonight .

David :)

sculpin
01-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Mark,.... What a great story!!!! Willie's quite a character. Did you ever meet him :?: :?:

Darian
Yea . I used to fish around Willie down at Salmon Rock, a fishing hole on the Rogue that the river bypassed in the mid 90's . Also I did some plumbing work on his house and of course that always required a drink or two . I haven't seen him in a long time because he has been spending a lot of his time in Alaska , ahhhh , doing research and development . :D
Anyone who has been around Willie at all will have some stories to tell and most of them will be off color because that's Willie . Just look at the W in the company logo upside down . It seems like all the aluminum boat builders in our area copy his ideas in their boat designs . Willie really listens to people and builds what they want and need . If you spent any time around Willie he is a person you will never forget .
http://www.willieboats.com/

Mark

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Everyone has heard of 'Willie Boats'.

I am sure he had a wonderful life and thats what is important at the end of it all.

Thanks sculpin

Mike McKenzie
01-27-2007, 01:30 PM
to remember!! I'd guess that most aluminum boat builders around Oregon whether drift boats or jet sleds started out as welders for Wille!

jbird
01-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Mark

What a great thread to post my friend. What a legacy.

Cheers Willie!

Jay

lee s.
01-29-2007, 02:56 AM
Sad.....but I LOVE the guy and his outlook! Which is probably what makes it so sad.

crashq
02-01-2007, 09:21 AM
Great story and well written! It makes me wish that I had met the guy.