http://www.pbase.com/image/73572787/original.jpg

GT

Glen Tagami
01-26-2007, 10:32 AM
http://www.pbase.com/image/73519992/original.jpg

GT

mems
01-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Aloha Glen nice pics. Did you get that big oio? These guys might think by your signature that it is a GT, ulua. I know I wondered that when I first saw the second picture, but that is one big bone. Way to go, Mems.

Jay Murakoshi
01-26-2007, 08:26 PM
Hey Glen,

Saw your photo's on fliflicker but couldn't respond to the post. The pipeline use to be my back yard. Alot of fond memories of overhead days and some over the falls tumbles. Then it was the big move to the city Honolulu (Manoa Valley) I live as far back as you could get on Round Top drive. Those were great days when I was growing up.

Anymore "tube" shots.

Jay

Glen Tagami
01-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Hey Glen,

Saw your photo's on fliflicker but couldn't respond to the post. The pipeline use to be my back yard. Alot of fond memories of overhead days and some over the falls tumbles. Then it was the big move to the city Honolulu (Manoa Valley) I live as far back as you could get on Round Top drive. Those were great days when I was growing up.

Anymore "tube" shots.

Jay

Hey Jay,

Yeah, I have a two days worth of "tube" shots that I still need to process. I will post them to my pbase account and send you a link.

G

Glen Tagami
01-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Aloha Glen nice pics. Did you get that big oio? These guys might think by your signature that it is a GT, ulua. I know I wondered that when I first saw the second picture, but that is one big bone. Way to go, Mems.

Hey Don,

The bones weren't cooperating during my trip but I did manage to hook one near Hawaii Kai. The ones shown in the photos were shot near Waikiki.

On a side note, I'm going to be on the big island during the month of July. Is there anyway I can pick your brain on spots to cast a fly?

G

mems
01-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Shoots, just give me a heads up and I can show you around. I will be on X-mas island from the 17th to the 24th, but I can tell you where and when to go. July is our best month for inshore species, and is also hot for off-shore action. Lots of papio and ahi around.
Did you see those bones right at the "wall" or down at queens beach. I wish they would let us fly fish and catch and release those guys. They are just sitting there mocking us. It really is cool to see these huge bones in 3 feet of water right off the sand in Wiakiki.
Just e-mail me at kickithilo@yahoo.com and I can give you more info. Glad to help, Don.

k.hanley
01-28-2007, 04:14 PM
Say Hey G,
You really are capturing some terrific moments in time. Your composition is excellent in my view. Lots of fun looking at your work.
Cheers, Ken

Jay Murakoshi
01-28-2007, 08:38 PM
GT,

What lens did you shoot the "Pipe" with? I'm heading over the hill to Monterey tomorrow for an eye appointment. Heard the surf is up, nah, not going surfing or fishing but I might get some wave and beach shots
Just depends if I have time. I'm also picking up another pram, so time could be short

Jay

Glen Tagami
02-06-2007, 10:20 PM
GT,

What lens did you shoot the "Pipe" with? I'm heading over the hill to Monterey tomorrow for an eye appointment. Heard the surf is up, nah, not going surfing or fishing but I might get some wave and beach shots
Just depends if I have time. I'm also picking up another pram, so time could be short

Jay

Hey Jay,

I was using my 5D with a 70-200mm f2.8 IS which was nothing compared to all of the 400 and 600mm lenses on the sand that day.

GT

Jay Murakoshi
02-06-2007, 11:20 PM
Glen,

Where can I view more photo's of the pipe. When I surf alot and did alot of photography I was using a 500mm from the beach. I did alot of shooting around Swammi's (san diego) rincon, newport beach, carmel beach, the hook in SC and the light house, better known as Steamer's Lane. Today, my longest focal is 300mm.

You coming up to Pasadena?

Jay

Glen Tagami
02-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Glen,

Where can I view more photo's of the pipe. When I surf alot and did alot of photography I was using a 500mm from the beach. I did alot of shooting around Swammi's (san diego) rincon, newport beach, carmel beach, the hook in SC and the light house, better known as Steamer's Lane. Today, my longest focal is 300mm.

You coming up to Pasadena?

Jay

Hey Jay,

You can see some of my Pipeline shots here:
http://www.pbase.com/longfly/pipeline

Yeah, I'll be at the Pasadena show on the first day. Do you guys need anything? Let's get together and do our annual dinner after the show.

G

Jay Murakoshi
02-07-2007, 07:46 PM
Damn, Those shots are fantastic.
The Pipeline is where I ended up getting 85 stitches in my foot after cutting it on the coral bottom. I've seen guys with chunks of coral stuck in the head from going over the falls.

Do you still have those sunglasses you picked up for me about a year ago, if so bring them and I will pay you.

You're going to be surprised what I show you in the way of bass bugs. I'm bringing and will be tying crank baits, zara spooks, hard body floaters, rattle traps, etc... all for the bass in your pond.

Jay