PDA

View Full Version : REmote Alaska lodges

fishbonz
01-26-2007, 09:32 AM
I'd love to hear some input on anyone who has fished or stayed at remote Alaska Lodges in the Bristol Bay area, such as the Wood River or Iliamna. I am interested in mainly rainbow fishing. I'm curious about time of year you went, lodge vs. tent camp, type of fishing (beads vs. dry flies, etc.). Thanks.

I'm particularly interested in those that cost less than $1000 a day.....

ced.

Ed Wahl
01-26-2007, 11:52 PM
1000$ a day? :shock: :shock: :shock: Hmmmm, maybe I can help you out. For, say, 900$ a day I'll put you up in a tent on a genuine Rainbow Trout stream. All fish and mosquitos included. For an additional charge we'll also import some blackflies to add to the ambiance. Yesseree, you'll be catching actual miniature replicas of those famed "Alaskan Rainbows" at a fraction of the price. These replicas (some as small as 4 inches!), are identical to Rainbow Trout many times larger..... Ah jeez, I gotta stop, sorry Bonz, got home late and i'm a little punchy. :D Ed

chemdoc
01-28-2007, 03:49 PM
Ed, you are getting punchy. Having that sore arm keeping you off of the water must be having an effect, because I'm sure the trip you describe can be done for no more than $800 a day, with some 3 inch browns thrown in for good measure.

Phil

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-28-2007, 07:05 PM
'Alaska West' on the Kanektok River is one of the top values in all of Alaska.

It is $4.500 USD for 6 days fishing and 7 nights lodging.

This is the place that all the people who work for the Sage Rod Company go every summer.

http://www.anglingonthefly.com/travel/alaskawest/

bigtj
04-17-2007, 12:36 PM
I guided at Alaska West for 6 summers and I can second Bill's assessment. The other nice thing about AK West is it's jet-boat only, so you don't have to worry about the weather keeping planes from flying.

Feel free to PM me anytime I'd be happy to tell you what I know about lodges in Alaska.

-John

Anne Vitale
04-17-2007, 05:34 PM
I suggest Aleknagik Island Lodge in the Wood River-Tickchick lakes system, north of Dillingham on Bristol Bay. I've been there twice.

The lodge is run by Owner-Operators Mike and Debbie Chaussee. Five days, six nights of guided fishing for around $3500. If your looking for big rainbows and silvers go up in mid to late August. September brings more of the same but throw in big char as well. Check out their web site at

http://islandlodgefishing.com/

Anne

FISHEYE
04-18-2007, 09:33 AM
I have never been to any of the lodges here, however, there are many good ones. If you want an inexpensive place on a great river (Kvichak) check out www.blueberryisland. Tell George that Phil sent you. Also check out www.alaskaflyfish.net Post your question there.