PDA

View Full Version : Article on global warming and the sierra snow pack

Flycanoe
01-25-2007, 12:13 PM
I thought this was an interesting article in my local paper today on the effect of global warming on the sierra snow pack and the california water supply. The impact to our state fisheries will of course be dependent on the water supply and how water managers decide to respond to the changes.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/16539314.htm

I think this link will only work for 7 days, then the article is archived.

slipjoint
01-25-2007, 04:54 PM
just mother nature doing her thing with some help from man - - don't forget - nothing is forever - i won't be around to see it but Sacramento will be beach front one of these days - long ways down the road but someday - that is if the sun doesn't blow first - it's an ever changing world we live in - t

OregonSalmon
01-25-2007, 11:05 PM
That warming thing won't be good for California. Will not be good anywhere for the matter. If you live in California, for the kids, go short on real estate and long on water. Gonna be tough times for the youngin's when we all tip over.

"Upstair.....you go. upstair!!!".....that from a bouncer type guy at Sam Woo's in San Francisco. Food bouncer.

shawn kempkes
01-26-2007, 05:49 AM
Water officials and Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger say a warming climate is a good reason to build more reservoirs; by capturing more rain and early snowmelt, they would help make up for losses in other parts of the system.

That quote says it all. they want to build more dams,so that they can export more delta water south.

Frank Alessio
01-26-2007, 08:22 AM
It is happening faster than I thought.... That is Nature taking its course...
Less water may lead to less people in California... Then we just have to Figure out how to turn housing tracks back into wet lands and wildlife habitat..... Sounds like a good thing.....Frank

slipjoint
01-26-2007, 09:23 AM
It is happening faster than I thought.... That is Nature taking its course...
Less water may lead to less people in California... Then we just have to Figure out how to turn housing tracks back into wet lands and wildlife habitat..... Sounds like a good thing.....Frank
over population - less people less problems - dem doctors - helping us live to long - at least thats one of the problems - less people less fuel burned - less auto's on the road - wouldn't need as many cow's - cow's poop which is also a major factor in this globle warming thing - less hunters in the woods - more deer pooping in the woods - poop is a big problem - controling the worlds population is a tuff deal - i'm not buying any stock in a company who say they can get it handled - yep - it's all the doctors fault :)

Digger
01-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Water officials and Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger say a warming climate is a good reason to build more reservoirs; by capturing more rain and early snowmelt, they would help make up for losses in other parts of the system.

That quote says it all. they want to build more dams,so that they can export more delta water south.

I'm thirsty and my pool needs water, I think we should widen the aqueduct