PDA

View Full Version : Penn International 1.5

bolden
01-22-2007, 12:46 AM
I am considering selling two Penn International 1.5 reels and was wondering how much they would sell for.
Ebay has one going but it has two extra spools, so i am not sure how to judge how much the reels are worth.

Thanks for the help.

bolden
01-22-2007, 08:36 PM
Anyone?

Darian
01-22-2007, 09:45 PM
I haven't seen Penn fly reels in many of the fly shops in this area. They're stocked at Fisherman's Warehouse on Folsom Blvd. 8) You might try calling them or look on the PENN website (google it)..... :) :) :)

David Lee
01-22-2007, 10:51 PM
Here you go .

http://www.tradenstuff.com/GearList.htm

David :D

john
01-24-2007, 07:20 AM
I've done some business with traden post and have had good experiences. Kinda thought his posted prices were a bit high but he does deal. I have a Penn International 2.5 and wouldn't let it loose for twice his posted price on the 1.5. These are awesome reels with a killer drag and great anodizing, if a tad heavy. Too bad they fell by the wayside.

Darian
01-24-2007, 08:52 AM
Having grown up in SoCal, I've been a long time fan of Penn reels (conventional) for ocean fishing.... 8) 8) However, I've only seen the fly reels at Fisherman's Warehouse, in the Penn catalogue or on the Internet.... As was pointed out, they're a great reel but a bit heavy (too heavy for me). :(

My feeling about why "....they fell by the wayside.", is that Penn doesn't promote it's fly fishing products well. the only thing I can figure is that they don't want to invest in fly fishing products (apprently, not their market nitch). :? :? :?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-24-2007, 11:29 AM
They weigh a "ton" for their size and have a "lumpy" drag.

That is why we never carried them.

They are always out there for sale by disappointed customers.

These reels have been around for over 10 years. I am not sure they are still in production?

Sorry....it's my job.