PDA

View Full Version : Here's a first

MSP
01-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Fished the American today. Fishing was a little slow (that's nothing new for me). Lots of wildlife around, a beautiful buck swimming across the river, a family of otters cruising within 15' of me, and a Ruby Crowned Kinglet landed on my rod while I was fishing. Sat on the rod for 15 - 20 seconds and then fluttered off looking for BWO's. Definately a first for me. Did get a small fish, almost 1/2 pounder size around 12" or so. Great looking fish, as chrome as it could be. The picture I took didn't do it justice.

Maybe tomorrow :twisted:

SullyTM
01-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Ruby Crowned Kinglet :shock: Must have been attracted to the poopah :D

Still sounds like a good day on the H2O Mike...

jbird
01-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Fishing was a little slow (that's nothing new for me).

Shyeah right mike! We all know those fish fear you :D Maybe you should disguise youself with a mask when you go to the river next time, Then the fish wont see its you and they wont know who hit em :D

Your starting to sound a little like Dr doolittle with all the animals comin around :wink:

Jay

MSP
01-18-2007, 10:40 PM
Well Jay I think "Do-Little" would be appropriate for me lately. Kinda sad when a bird lands on your rod and turns out to be the hi-lite of the day. :roll:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-19-2007, 12:12 AM
I had a "blue footed Boobie" land on my head in the flats at Christmas Island in the Central Pacific.

I was standing still because a big cloud came over and I couldn't see anything. It was flying directly at me slowly into the wind.

I think it thought I was a piling?

http://www.bugbog.com/images/main/galapagos_travel_guide/galapagos_travel_guide_068.jpg

Hairstacker
01-19-2007, 03:57 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

jbird
01-19-2007, 08:04 AM
Bill
I wouldve paid the money to buy a plane ticket to Christmas island just to see that! :lol:

J

Jgoding
01-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Years ago pheasant hunting in an olive orchard I had a mid sized falcon land on my head. When I moved it jumped onto my shotgun barrel and then took off after a few seconds. I was in full camo so I guess it thought I was a bush or something even though we were walking.... It hurt somewhat as he dug in a little but I was wearing a soft hat so it wasn't too bad..