PDA

View Full Version : Warm Water Expo in Sacramento

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-18-2007, 11:28 AM
http://kiene.com/bannerads/bassnfly.jpg

We talked about a Warm Water day in the Spring to kick off the bass/panfish season for years and now it will finally happen.

k.hanley
01-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Bill we're proud to be offering this flagship experience at your shop. It may be the first, but we're certainly hoping to make it an annual event for you.

To make sure everyone understands what is going on: it's a FREE event, with tons of information, hands-on equipment and technique opportunities, and a very focused topic base (largemouth and smallmouth bass primarily).

Join us for a great day of FF fun. :D
See you at the shop!
Cheers, Ken

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-18-2007, 12:28 PM
Great Ken

In my 42 years in the fishing tackle business in Sacramento I have never seen more interest than right now in fly fishing for our local warm water species.

Andy and I got exposed to Kevin Doran's method for "Top Water LMB" in the Delta last Spring and we frankly went wild about it.

This should be a great event.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Program Schedule for Warm Water Expo

11:00 AM: Small Water Bass Tactics (Ken Hanley)

Noon: Jerry Siem’s Casting Demo

12:30 PM: Capt. KD’s Technical Bass Fly Presentations

2:00 PM: Delta Bass Presentation (Kevin Doran and John Sherman)

3:00 PM: Raffle Drawing (Sage, Simms, Rio, Galvan and Smith Action Optics)

All Day: Bass Fly Tying Demonstrations

Leo Gutterres
Steve Potter
Lee Haskin
Mike McKenzie
Jay Murakoshi

Other Event Highlights:

Bass Travel Destinations (Anglers Inn – Lake El Salto, Mexico)

Bass Tackle Product Showcase – Sage, Simms, Rio, Galvan, and Umpqua Flies.

k.hanley
03-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Just got in from the airport. Looking forward to meeting alot of you b-board members on Saturday. See ya at the show!
Cheers, Ken 8)

Jay Murakoshi
03-05-2007, 09:00 PM
I've been practicing all day on my tying..... Now that I have the lead shot, the flies are riding different :x

I'm fired up and ready for the weekend. If Steve and I are sitting together, there will definitly be a halo of deer hair hovering above the tyers. I hope the crowds are standing out the door waiting to get in.

See ya early Saturday

Jay

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-08-2007, 11:33 AM
It's this coming Saturday so don't forget to be there.

We will have some really interesting people to chat with about warm water fly fishing and you will see some really great black bass patterns too.

This is some of the most available fly fishing we have in Nor Cal.