PDA

View Full Version : It's a little cooler now.

sculpin
01-16-2007, 04:05 PM
When I got back home Monday I sent this picture to Jerry in Lodi saying its a little cool at home .
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/Sculpin/Picture077.jpg

This afternoon I took another picture of the same pond and fountain.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/Sculpin/Picture078.jpg

Actually it's warmed up a bit for the snow .

Mark

Darian
01-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Wow!!!! That sure makes me think of Baja (shorts/T-shirts/sandals, cervezas). 8) 8) 8) 8)

JerryInLodi
01-16-2007, 05:03 PM
Mark and Darian, my ex-partner Al wrote me from Mulege. It's 58 at mid day and blowing 25mph. Everyone is huddled around the fireplace at Javier's at Las Casitas. None of the rooms have heat and there aren't enough blankets in the town.

I guess cold is a relative thing.

sculpin
01-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Wow!!!! That sure makes me think of Baja (shorts/T-shirts/sandals, cervezas). 8) 8) 8) 8)

No sheet Darian I'm with you 100%

Jerry a 58f high is cold for Mulege but I would take it right now . I'm wondering right now what I ever liked about winter steelhead fishing . :D You're right about the temperatures being relative to an area . There are places now that folks would just like to warm up to above 0 degrees . I'm sure glad I'm not one of them. :D

Mark

David Lee
01-16-2007, 05:25 PM
Mark -

That has to be tough on your Koi ...... :eek:

David :D

sculpin
01-16-2007, 06:39 PM
Mark -

That has to be tough on your Koi ...... :eek:

David :D

David
Actually when I had Koi they came through the cold in the winter OK . What got them is all the critters I have around my place . I live out of town and between the raccoons , cats, foxes ect they had a hard time but the Blue Herons and Kingfishers got them all . Now I just have gold fish in the pond and they seem to survive long enough to reproduce enough to keep the pond restocked . The fish have really become paranoid and stay hidden under anything in the pond . I can't say as I blame them .

Mark