PDA

View Full Version : The best Smallmouth river fishing in the West!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-14-2007, 02:34 PM
There will be a free presentation at the California Fly Fishers Unlimited fly club meeting on February 6, 2007, Tuesday in Sacramento. I highly recommend that you attend if you can. I will be there.

Steve will be taking 2 clients at a time in July on the remote lower 20 miles of the Grand Ronde River near the boarders of WA, OR and ID. He does a two day float with an overnight on the river. This is not only the best Smallmouth fishing in the West but possible some of the most exciting fly fishing we have. I believe Steve charges about $650/per angler. In 2008 he might be able to take 4 anglers per trip.

From the CFFU web site:

Steve Cooper is the owner and operator of High Plains Drifters Guide Service. His passion and expertise is exploring and searching for Smallmouth Bass in remote rivers. His presentation will include photography and experience from hundreds of hours logged on the best Smallmouth streams in the Western United States. Topics will include tips on fly selection, gear set up, leader construction and some unconventional strategies used to fool the leeriest Smallies. Steve can be contacted at (209) 956-1032, or e-mail him at repooc3@sbcglobal.net

http://www.cffu.org/CFFU/Meetings.html