PDA

View Full Version : What do you call this lure?

WinterrunRon
01-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Found this rig in the river at the end of a snag attached by something like 300 lb test mono.

The nerve of this "fisherman", not taking the time to remove the barb from his "lure" while "fishing" in barbless water!

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k63/WinterrunRon/IMG_0670.jpg

JerryInLodi
01-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Ron, isn't that a gaff?

Ed Wahl
01-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Ron, that's called a "jig". What you do is, walk out on a bridge, like the footbridge at Sunrise, and elbow your way into the crowd. Next lower your "jig" straight down into the water. Now you gently raise and lower your "jig" in an up and down motion. You want your "jig" to rise very quickly from it's lowest point to a spot about, say, as high as you can reach standing on tiptoes reaching as high as you can. Repeat this maneuver as often and as quickley as you can stand. Don't stop or the guy next to you might catch your fish. Once your "jig" sinks into the belly of a fish............. I think I can stop now. :angry ED

MSP
01-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Hey, that looks like the rig I got my fish on today :shock:

Amazing the stuff you can find on the bottom of a river. That is an odd looking Colorado blade. #-o

bigtj
01-12-2007, 10:19 AM
I call that a pitchfork.

jbird
01-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Pretty ethical if you ask me....its not a treble hook! :D 8)

J

rrivera
01-12-2007, 09:46 PM
I think Rocky used to hit sides of beef off of one of those...!!

:shock:

JerryInLodi
01-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Hey, Jay, Mark (Sculpin) and I are sitting around watching the Kings play Portland and getting ready to go fishing for stripers in the morning. It's good I have an Oregoneon with me, it's supposed to be 25F in the morning.

jbird
01-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Hey! Good to hear you two hooked up. Its 19 degrees right now in medford. I have to be on the ski mountain first thing tomorrow, I imagine It'll be in the single digits :shock: . Have fun tomorrow, and keep your flies movin nice and slllloooowwwwwwwww :D

Jay

WinterrunRon
01-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Ski mountain? I know steelhead are aggressive, relentless, migratory machines but I wasn't aware they make it all the way up to a ski mountain near Medford Oregon!

Ron

Jgoding
01-15-2007, 11:12 AM
In my opinion that's a rookies rig... I would think you need to open up that hook gap a little bit for better ummmm "jigging" action.... and to not pinch down the barb.... jesus